Jump to Main Content
- Morató, Roser, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2016 v.28 no.6 pp. 663-672
- Western blotting; aquaporins; boars; cell membranes; immunocytochemistry; permeability; solutes; sperm motility; spermatozoa
- ... Aquaporins (AQPs) are integral membrane water channels that allow transport of water and small solutes across cell membranes. Although water permeability is known to play a critical role in mammalian cells, including spermatozoa, little is known about their localisation in boar spermatozoa. Two aquaporins, AQP7 and AQP11, in boar spermatozoa were identified by western blotting and localised throug ...
- Morato, Luis F. C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2016 v.32 no.15 pp. 3766-3773
- adsorption; cell membranes; choline; compressibility; electrostatic interactions; erythrosine; hydrophobicity; irradiation; lipid peroxidation; lipids; models; photooxidation; photosensitizing agents; singlet oxygen; spectroscopy; surface area
- ... Incorporation into cell membranes is key for the action of photosensitizers in photomedicine treatments, with hydroperoxidation as the prominent pathway of lipid oxidation. In this paper, we use Langmuir monolayers of 1,2-dioleoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DOPC) and 1,2-dipalmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DPPC) as cell membrane models to investigate adsorption of the photosensitizer erythr ...