Jump to Main Content
- O’Reilly, Patrick
- Procedia Food Science 2016 v.6 pp. 51-55
- food supply chain, etc ; agricultural research; agricultural resources; commodity foods; crops; food chain; food science; income; interdisciplinary research; livelihood; research and development; India; Malaysia; Sri Lanka; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Smallholders continue to account for up to 87% of all agricultural holdings and 70% of the global food supply while consuming only 30% of the world's agricultural resources. However global investment in agriculture R&D is increasingly concentrated in a smaller number of countries and focusses on research concerning physical aspects of a limited number of commodity crops. While the benefits of this ...
- Hands, Philip; Rabiger, David S.; Koltunow, Anna
- Plant reproduction 2016 v.29 no.3 pp. 215-225
- food supply chain, etc ; Arabidopsis; Hieracium; Liliopsida; auxins; crops; endosperm; females; gametophytes; genetic engineering; loci; mutants; ovules; plant hormones; transcription factors; viability; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Overview of developmental events and signalling during central cell maturation and early endosperm development with a focus on mechanisms of sexual and autonomous endosperm initiation. Endosperm is important for seed viability and global food supply. The mechanisms regulating the developmental transition between Female Gametophyte (FG) maturation and early endosperm development in an ...
- PubMed Central:
- Singh, Monika; Randhawa, Gurinderjit
- Food control 2016 v.68 pp. 20-24
- food supply chain, etc ; agricultural research; agronomic traits; climate change; corn; cotton; crops; decision support systems; food security; imports; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; plant genetic resources; planting; private sector; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; quarantine; transgenic plants; India; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Genetically modified (GM) crops have benefited global agriculture by introduction of superior traits for better agronomic performance, ensuring nutritional security and mitigating climate change. In India, to meet the demand of burgeoning population and to withstand the changing climate, GM crops would play an important role. Since 1997, GM crops are being imported through Indian Council of Agricu ...