Jump to Main Content
- Raman, Muthusamy, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2016 v.15 no.9 pp. 3308-3321
- Fasciola hepatica; bioinformatics; climate change; complement; control methods; data collection; drug therapy; expressed sequence tags; fascioliasis; fatty acid-binding proteins; food security; foodborne illness; humans; immunomodulation; liver flukes; livestock; phylogeny; proteome; proteomics; transcriptome; triclabendazole; vaccines
- ... The liver flukes Fasciola hepatica and F. gigantica infect livestock worldwide and threaten food security with climate change and problematic control measures spreading disease. Fascioliasis is also a foodborne disease with up to 17 million humans infected. In the absence of vaccines, treatment depends on triclabendazole (TCBZ), and overuse has led to widespread resistance, compromising future TCB ...
- Raman, Anitha K., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Global change biology 2016 v.22 no.3 pp. 1054-1074
- costs and returns; cropping systems; data collection; ecological footprint; energy; food production; fossil fuels; global warming; labor; management systems; nitrogen; nutrition; prediction; production technology; South Asia
- ... South Asian countries will have to double their food production by 2050 while using resources more efficiently and minimizing environmental problems. Transformative management approaches and technology solutions will be required in the major grain‐producing areas that provide the basis for future food and nutrition security. This study was conducted in four locations representing major food produc ...