Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.377 pp. 161-169
- death; community structure; Fagus; Carpinus; dead wood; Acer; coniferous forests; fungal communities; forest stands; trees; species diversity; timber production; Gymnospermae; Populus; conifers; fungi
- ... Commercial forestry increasingly aims at both optimizing timber production and maintaining species diversity. To maintain the diversity of the species-rich group of wood-inhabiting fungi, effective forest conservation concepts that include the enrichment of dead wood in commercial forests are required. However, which type of dead wood should be enriched in which type of forest stand (coniferous or ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biological conservation 2016 v.201 pp. 92-102
- Carpinus; Coleoptera; Fagus; canopy; coniferous forests; conifers; dead wood; ecosystems; environmental factors; habitats; natural resources conservation; species diversity; temperature; trees; Germany
- ... Modification of natural ecosystems has threatened biodiversity worldwide, with forests suffering especially. Strategies aimed at mitigating such loss in forests often include enrichment of deadwood, a critical resource for many decomposer species. However, it remains unclear how deadwood can best be enriched to most effectively promote the diversity of saproxylic species. In this study, we investi ...