Jump to Main Content
- Giordani, Tommaso; Cossu, Rosa Maria; Mascagni, Flavia; Marroni, Fabio; Morgante, Michele; Cavallini, Andrea; Natali, Lucia
- Tree genetics & genomes 2016 v.12 no.4 pp. 75
- Populus canadensis; RNA; chromatin; drought; gene expression regulation; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hybrids; leaves; methylation; retrotransposons; transcription (genetics); water deprivation
- ... Retrotransposons represent a major component of plant genomes; however, large-scale studies on their expression are rare. Massively parallel sequencing offers new analytical possibilities enabling a comprehensive study of retrotransposon RNA transcription. We evaluated the expression of long terminal repeat-retrotransposons in leaves of two sister hybrids Populus × canadensis (P. deltoides × P. ni ...
- Wang, Liuqiang; Wang, Chao; Qin, Liping; Hu, Ping; Wang, Yucheng
- Journal of forestry research 2016 v.27 no.4 pp. 767-772
- Arabidopsis; Tamarix; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; chromatin; drought; genes; leaves; plant development; precipitin tests; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; salinity; stems; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription factors
- ... The ethylene-responsive factor family is one of the largest families of plant-specific transcription factors that are involved in plant development and stress responses. Previously, we demonstrated that the gene ThERF1, encoding a novel ethylene-responsive factor from Tamarix hispida, negatively modulates abiotic stress tolerance. In the present study, Arabidopsis plants overexpressing ThERF1 had ...