Jump to Main Content
- Hou, A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of plant science 2016 v.97 no.2 pp. 349-351
- Phaseolus vulgaris; cultivars; dry beans; growth habit; irrigation; research and development; Alberta; Saskatchewan
- ... AAC Whitestar is a high yielding great northern dry bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) cultivar with an upright, indeterminate bush (Type IIb) growth habit, large seed size, and partial field resistance to white mould. AAC Whitestar was developed at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), Lethbridge Research and Development Centre (LRDC), in Lethbridge, AB. AAC Whitestar is suitable for irrigated w ...
- Hou, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Canadian journal of plant pathology 2016 v.38 no.1 pp. 41-54
- Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola; bacterial wilt; blight; breeding; breeding lines; crop production; cultivars; dry beans; pathogens; races; screening; surveys; tissues; virulence; Alberta; Manitoba; Saskatchewan
- ... Several bacterial diseases can significantly impact dry bean production in western Canada. The objectives of this study were to assess the incidence of multiple bacterial diseases on dry bean in southern Alberta and to determine the prevalent races causing halo blight (HB) in western Canadian dry bean fields. Field surveys combined with a pathogen isolation component were conducted in 2012–2014 to ...