Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.104 pp. 102329-102335
- Monte Carlo method; energy; glass; models; prediction; thermodynamics
- ... Issues related to the glass formation of ternary Mg–Al–Cu metallic glass are investigated by thermodynamic calculations and an atomistic approach. Based on the extended Miedema model, thermodynamic calculations show that Mg–Al–Cu metallic glasses are favored over a large composition range, and that the sub-region of MgₓAlyCu₁₋ₓ₋y (x = 20–30; y = 30–40; 1 − x − y = 35–45) shows a better glass forma ...
- Zhao, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2016 v.51 no.14 pp. 6600-6606
- alloys; aluminum; copper; energy; glass; molecular dynamics
- ... With the aid of ab initio calculations, the realistic interatomic potential of Al–Ca–Cu system is constructed and then applied to molecular dynamics simulation to investigate the formation of Al–Ca–Cu metallic glasses. The simulations predict a composition region, i.e., glass formation region, within which an amorphous alloy is energetically favored to form. Moreover, the energy difference between ...