Jump to Main Content
- Balto, Amy S.; Lapis, Trina J.; Silver, Rachel K.; Ferreira, Andrew J.; Beaudry, Christopher M.; Lim, Juyun; Penner, Michael H.
- Food chemistry 2016 v.197 pp. 872-880
- corn syrup, etc ; ethanol; fractionation; glucose; hydrolysis; liquid chromatography; maltose; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymerization; reducing sugars; solubility; starch; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Considerable research is focused on understanding the functionality of starch hydrolysis products (SHP) consisting of glucose, maltose, maltooligosaccharides (MOS), and maltopolysaccharides (MPS). A confounding factor in this research is the high molecular dispersity of commercially available SHP. The study presented herein characterizes a flexible fractionation approach for lowering the dispersit ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Sun, Jiadong; Ma, Hang; Seeram, Navindra P.; Rowlery, David C.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.38 pp. 7142-7147
- maple syrup, etc ; Acer; anion exchange chromatography; arabinogalactans; dialysis; ethanol; evaporation; inulin; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; prebiotics; sap; xylem; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Maple syrup is a widely consumed plant-derived natural sweetener produced by concentrating xylem sap collected from certain maple (Acer) species. During thermal evaporation of water, natural phytochemical components are concentrated in maple syrup. The polymeric components from maple syrup were isolated by ethanol precipitation, dialysis, and anion exchange chromatography and structurally characte ...
- PubMed Central: