Jump to Main Content
- Freitas, Luana Azevedo de; Mota, Gustavo Lobato; Silva, Herlon Victor Rodrigues; Carvalho, Cibele Figueira; Silva, Lúcia Daniel Machado da
- Animal reproduction science 2016 v.172 pp. 83-93
- umbilical arteries, etc ; artificial insemination; blood flow; conceptus; congenital abnormalities; dogs; embryonic mortality; fetal death; fetus; gestational age; prenatal development; resorption; statistical analysis; velocimetry; viability; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The goals of this study were to report embryonic and fetal ultrasound changes and compare blood flow of uteroplacental and umbilical arteries of normal and abnormal conceptus. Accordingly, from the day of mating or artificial insemination, all fetuses in 60 pregnancies were evaluated weekly. According to the ultrasound findings, the gestational age was determined and the conceptuses were divided i ...
- Musk, G C; Kemp, M W
- Laboratory animals 2016 v.50 no.3 pp. 198-203
- umbilical arteries, etc ; Merino; anemia; anesthesia; biomedical research; blood gases; blood sampling; carbon dioxide; ewes; fetus; hemodynamics; laboratory animals; lambs; pregnancy; surgery; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Much remains to be understood with regards the effects of prolonged anaesthesia on maternal and fetal haemodynamics and oxygenation. With the aim of improving anaesthetic management of pregnant sheep undergoing recovery surgery under anaesthesia, paired maternal and fetal arterial blood samples were collected during caesarean delivery of twin preterm lambs to document the blood gas status of the e ...
- Keomanivong, F. E.; Lemley, C. O.; Camacho, L. E.; Yunusova, R.; Borowicz, P. P.; Caton, J. S.; Meyer, A. M.; Vonnahme, K. A.; Swanson, K. C.
- Animal 2016 v.10 no.3 pp. 440-448
- umbilical arteries, etc ; alpha-amylase; anesthesia; area; blood; enzyme activity; ewes; fetus; formalin; insulin; melatonin; mesentery; nutrient intake; pancreas; pregnancy; umbilical veins; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Primiparous ewes (n=32) were assigned to dietary treatments in a 2×2 factorial arrangement to determine effects of nutrient restriction and melatonin supplementation on maternal and fetal pancreatic weight, digestive enzyme activity, concentration of insulin-containing clusters and plasma insulin concentrations. Treatments consisted of nutrient intake with 60% (RES) or 100% (ADQ) of requirements a ...