Jump to Main Content
- Odedina, Grace Fiyinfoluwa; Vongkamjan, Kitiya; Voravuthikunchai, Supayang Piyawan
- Journal of food science and technology 2016 v.53 no.12 pp. 4234-4243
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Rhodomyrtus tomentosa; antibacterial properties; application methods; black pepper; chicken meat; color; cooked foods; food pathogens; food safety; inoculum; leaf extracts; models; odors; ready-to-eat foods; storage temperature; texture; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Controlling foodborne pathogen in ready-to-eat food is important in food safety. The present study accessed the potential use of Rhodomyrtus tomentosa ethanolic leaf extract as a bio-control agent against Listeria monocytogenes in cooked chicken meat model system. The antilisterial activity of the plant extract was better under microwave condition and enhanced as storage temperature increased from ...
- PubMed Central:
- Macaluso, Giusi; Fiorenza, Gerlando; Gaglio, Raimondo; Mancuso, Isabella; Scatassa, Maria Luisa
- Italian journal of food safety 2016 v.5 no.1
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; GRAS substances; Lactobacillus; Lactococcus lactis; Leuconostoc; Pediococcus; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptococcus; alpha-amylase; antibacterial properties; antimicrobial proteins; artisan cheese; bacteriocins; carboxylic ester hydrolases; cheesemaking; fermentation; food pathogens; food quality; food safety; lactic acid bacteria; mechanism of action; peptidase K; proteolysis; raw milk; screening; spoilage microorganisms; starter cultures; trypsin; Sicily; Show all 32 Subjects
- ... Bacteriocins are antimicrobial proteins produced by bacteria that inhibit the growth of other bacteria with a bactericidal or bacteriostatic mode of action. Many lactic acid bacteria (LAB) produce a high diversity of different bacteriocins. Bacteriocinogenic LAB are generally recognised as safe (GRAS) and useful to control the frequent development of pathogens and spoilage microorganisms. For this ...
- PubMed Central: