Jump to Main Content
- Chiffoleau, Yuna; Millet-Amrani, Sarah; Canard, Arielle
- Agriculture 2016 v.6 no.4
- food supply chain, etc ; activists; case studies; developed countries; food chain; markets; socioeconomics; sustainable agriculture; France; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... In industrialized nations, local food networks have generally been analyzed through alternative food systems, in spite of the fact that they are much more diverse than this would imply. In France, ‘short food chains’ are both a continuation of a long tradition and a recent trend which now extends beyond activists, to consumers and producers as well. This paper will explore the conditions under whi ...
- Canfora, Irene
- Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2016 v.8 pp. 402-407
- food supply chain, etc ; European Union; biodiversity; carbon dioxide; food chain; greenhouse gas emissions; laws and regulations; markets; supply chain; sustainable agriculture; transportation; urban agriculture; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Short supply chain, as legally defined by Reg. 1305/13, is able to reach goals of “sustainable agriculture”, through the reduction of transportation costs and consequently of CO2 emissions. In addition, it promotes biodiversity and implements periurban agriculture. The interest for short food chain is growing in EU and in national legislations, considering its role in achieving environmental goals ...