Jump to Main Content
- Grivins, Mikelis; Tisenkopfs, Talis; Stojanovic, Zaklina; Ristic, Bojan
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.6
- food supply chain, etc ; blueberries; food chain; labor relations; markets; raspberries; supply chain; Latvia; Serbia; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The goal of this paper is twofold: to comparatively analyze the social performance of global and local berry supply chains and to explore the ways in which the social dimension is embedded in the overall performance of food supply chains. To achieve this goal, the social performance of five global and local food supply chains in two countries are analyzed: wild blueberry supply chains in Latvia an ...
- Canfora, Irene
- Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2016 v.8 pp. 402-407
- food supply chain, etc ; European Union; biodiversity; carbon dioxide; food chain; greenhouse gas emissions; laws and regulations; markets; supply chain; sustainable agriculture; transportation; urban agriculture; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Short supply chain, as legally defined by Reg. 1305/13, is able to reach goals of “sustainable agriculture”, through the reduction of transportation costs and consequently of CO2 emissions. In addition, it promotes biodiversity and implements periurban agriculture. The interest for short food chain is growing in EU and in national legislations, considering its role in achieving environmental goals ...