Jump to Main Content
- Nurulita, Yuana; Adetutu, Eric M.; Gunawan, Haris; Zul, Delita; Ball, Andrew S.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2016 v.216 pp. 293-303
- swamps, etc ; Elaeis guineensis; biodiversity; bulk density; burning; carbon; ecosystems; environmental degradation; forest soils; forests; land restoration; microbial activity; microbial biomass; monitoring; nitrates; organic matter; peat; peat soils; peatlands; phosphates; population growth; principal component analysis; soil biology; soil microorganisms; soil pH; soil restoration; soil sampling; water holding capacity; South East Asia; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... In South East Asia, increased population and agricultural demands, especially for oil palm cultivation, have led to peatland conversion, resulting in environmental degradation. To conserve peatland’s function as a biodiversity and carbon reservoir, restoration of an oil palm plantation after burning in tropical peat swamp area was carried out by revegetation using native peat swamp forest plants, ...
- Smith, Paul T.; Imbun, Benedict Y.; Duarte, Fernanda P.
- Pacific science 2016 v.70 no.1 pp. 21-33
- swamps, etc ; Craterocephalus; Cyprinus carpio; Eichhornia crassipes; Melanotaenia; Mogurnda; Oreochromis niloticus; Oxyeleotris; anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; business enterprises; drilling; epizootic diseases; farmed fish; farmers; fish kills; fisheries; forests; freshwater; genetic improvement; indigenous species; introduced species; lakes; particulates; ponds; stakeholders; surveys; traditional technology; Papua New Guinea; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Lake Kutubu is a tropical freshwater lake that is internationally renowned for its biodiversity, 12 endemic species of fish, wetlands, and swamp forests. This study reports on a fish kill and the introduction of exotic species, and it assesses impacts on fish stocks and the artisanal fishery. The fish kill, which began in January 2013 and lasted for 6 months, was characterized by fish pathologies ...