Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Insect conservation and diversity 2016 v.9 no.3 pp. 254-257
- Aradus; dead wood; field experimentation; fruiting bodies; fungi; hosts; insects; microhabitats; mycelium; olfactometers; wood
- ... As dead wood is ephemeral, saproxylic insect species must be able to effectively locate new resources via, e.g. olfactory cues. Although saproxylic flat bugs feed on fungal mycelia, published evidence points to their use of dead wood‐specific volatile cues rather than fungal‐specific cues for long‐distance orientation towards new habitat patches. To evaluate which olfactory cues saproxylic flat bu ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.377 pp. 161-169
- death; community structure; Fagus; Carpinus; dead wood; Acer; coniferous forests; fungal communities; forest stands; trees; species diversity; timber production; Gymnospermae; Populus; conifers; fungi
- ... Commercial forestry increasingly aims at both optimizing timber production and maintaining species diversity. To maintain the diversity of the species-rich group of wood-inhabiting fungi, effective forest conservation concepts that include the enrichment of dead wood in commercial forests are required. However, which type of dead wood should be enriched in which type of forest stand (coniferous or ...