Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Haitao; Wei, Yunxie; He, Chaozu
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2016 v.100 pp. 150-155
- melatonin, etc ; Arabidopsis; animals; caffeate O-methyltransferase; circadian rhythm; disease resistance; diurnal variation; genes; immunity; microarray technology; serotonin; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is an important regulator of circadian rhythms and immunity in animals. However, the diurnal changes of endogenous melatonin and melatonin-mediated diurnal change of downstream responses remain unclear in Arabidopsis. Using the publicly available microarray data, we found that the transcript levels of two melatonin synthesis genes (serotonin N-acetyltransfe ...
- Méndez, Isabel; Vázquez-Martínez, Olivia; Hernández-Muñoz, Rolando; Valente-Godínez, Héctor; Díaz-Muñoz, Mauricio
- Biochimie 2016 v.124 pp. 178-186
- melatonin, etc ; NAD (coenzyme); antioxidants; biochemical pathways; circadian rhythm; diabetes; electrons; energy metabolism; enzymes; erythrocytes; genes; hydrogen peroxide; mammals; metabolic syndrome; obesity; oxidation; superoxide anion; transcription factors; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Rhythms of approximately 24 h are pervasive in most organisms and are known as circadian. There is a molecular circadian clock in each cell sustained by a feedback system of interconnected “clock” genes and transcription factors. In mammals, the timing system is formed by a central pacemaker, the suprachiasmatic nucleus, in coordination with a collection of peripheral oscillators. Recently, an ext ...