Jump to Main Content
- Roman, Pawel; Klok, Johannes B. M.; Sousa, João A.
B.; Broman, Elias; Dopson, Mark; Van Zessen, Erik; Bijmans, Martijn F. M.; Sorokin, Dimitry Y.; Janssen, Albert
- Environmental Science & Technology 2016 v.50 no.23 pp. 12808-12815
- thiosulfates, etc ; Halothiobacillaceae; acclimation; bacteria; biogas; biomass; bioreactors; gases; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hydrogen sulfide; methanethiol; microbial communities; oxygen; redox potential; ribosomal RNA; sulfur; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... After the first commercial applications of a new biological process for the removal of hydrogen sulfide (H₂S) from low pressure biogas, the need arose to broaden the operating window to also enable the removal of organosulfur compounds from high pressure sour gases. In this study we have selected microorganisms from a full-scale biodesulfurization system that are capable of withstanding the presen ...
- Liu, Fei; Liu, Guangxing; Li, Fuhua
- Aquaculture 2016 v.464 pp. 129-135
- thiosulfates, etc ; Litopenaeus vannamei; Photobacterium damselae subsp. damselae; agar; bacteria; bile salts; blood; body weight; citrates; color; genes; hemolysis; hepatopancreas; histopathology; infectious diseases; intramuscular injection; lethal dose 50; mortality; nucleotide sequences; pathogenicity; pathogens; phenotype; ribosomal RNA; sheep; shrimp; shrimp culture; sucrose; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Bacterial and viral infectious diseases are serious problems in shrimp farming. During the culture of Exopalaemon carinicauda, we found that some individuals showed typical symptoms with pale color for their hepatopancreas, and whitish color for their body, which caused the final mortality of shrimp. In order to know the agent which caused the mortality of shrimp, we isolated the dominant bacteria ...