Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Kyung Min, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 230
- Clostridium; acetone; batch fermentation; butanol; carbon; genes; glucose; glycerol; isopropyl alcohol; pH
- ... BACKGROUND: Acetone–butanol–ethanol fermentation has been studied for butanol production. Alternatively, to achieve acetone-free butanol production, use of clostridium strains producing butanol and 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) from glycerol, natural and engineered isopropanol–butanol–ethanol (IBE) producers has been attempted; however, residual 1,3-PDO and acetone, low IBE production by natural IBE p ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lee, Kyung Min, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.218 pp. 1208-1214
- Clostridium; Larix kaempferi; acetic acid; butyric acid; glucose; hydrolysates; mannose; softwood; xylose
- ... The aim of this work was to study the butyric acid production from softwood hydrolysate by acetate-consuming Clostridium sp. S1. Results showed that Clostridium sp. S1 produced butyric acid by simultaneously utilizing glucose and mannose in softwood hydrolysate and, more remarkably, it consumed acetic acid in hydrolysate. Clostridium sp. S1 utilized each of glucose, mannose, and xylose as well as ...
- Lee, Kyung-Min, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food science and biotechnology 2016 v.25 no.4 pp. 1035-1041
- Morus alba; amino acids; ascorbic acid; biochemical pathways; chlorogenic acid; citrates; delta-tocopherol; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; fructose; fruits; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glucose; glycerol; high performance liquid chromatography; metabolic engineering; mulberries; phenolic compounds; quality control
- ... In this study, comprehensive metabolic profiles of mulberry fruits (Morus alba Linnaeus) at various maturation stages were determined using GC-MS and HPLC. In total, 48 compounds, including 3 alcohols, 16 amino acids, 7 organic acids, 2 sugars, 4 phenolics, 2 terpenes, 3 vitamins, 9 fatty acids, and 2 cyanidins were identified in the mulberry samples. Levels of chlorogenic acid, cryptochlorogenic ...
- PubMed Central: