Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: yanxu?
- Jiang, Yanxue, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology research 2016 v.115 no.7 pp. 2899-2904
- Enterocytozoon; Nyctereutes procyonoides; Primates; birds; foxes; fur-bearing animals; gene flow; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotype; genotyping; hosts; humans; internal transcribed spacers; linkage disequilibrium; microsatellite repeats; parasites; phylogeny; population structure; surveys; China
- ... Enterocytozoon bieneusi is an obligate intracellular protozoan parasite that infects a wide range of mammal hosts and birds. Previous genotypic surveys were limited to measure the polymorphisms at the ribosomal internal transcribed spacer (ITS) that evolved slowly. Data on population structure are available only on E. bieneusi isolates from primates. This study explored the genotypic and phylogene ...
- Jiang, Yanxue, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The journal of eukaryotic microbiology 2016 v.63 no.2 pp. 162-170
- cities; drinking water; feces; genotype; human diseases; humans; internal transcribed spacers; microsporidiosis; parasites; pathogens; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; public health; swine; wastewater; water pollution; China
- ... This study analyzed 563 fecal specimens of asymptomatic pigs from five cities of northeast China for the prevalence and genetic characteristics of Enterocytozoon bieneusi. The parasite was detected in 267 of 563 (47.4%) pigs by nested PCR of the ribosomal internal transcribed spacer (ITS). The differences in prevalence between preweaned (58.0%, 94/162) and growing pigs (39.6%, 114/288) and between ...