Jump to Main Content
- Daisuke Kaya; Masahide Yoshikawa; Toshiya Nakatani; Fumimasa Tomo-oka; Yuki Fujimoto; Koji Ishida; Yukihisa Fujinaga; Yosuke Aihara; Shinsaku Nagamatsu; Eijo Matsuo; Masaharu Tokoro; Yukiteru Ouji; Eiryo Kikuchi
- Parasitology international 2016 v.65 no.6 pp. 737-740
- Ancylostoma ceylanicum; adults; capsule endoscopy; cats; diarrhea; dogs; eggs; eosinophilia; feces; feet; hookworms; humans; jejunum; larvae; patients; polymerase chain reaction; villages; Laos; Thailand
- ... Ancylostoma (A.) ceylanicum, one of the most common species of hookworms infecting dogs and cats, also causes patent infections in humans and is now considered to be the second most common hookworm species infecting populations in southeast Asia. A Japanese patient who returned from a visit to Thailand and Lao People's Democratic Republic (PDR) was presented with intermittent watery diarrhea with ...
- Jennifer Keiser; Gordana Panic; Roberto Adelfio; Noemi Cowan; Mireille Vargas; Ivan Scandale
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 376
- Ancylostoma ceylanicum; Ascaris lumbricoides; Heligmosomoides polygyrus; Necator americanus; Trichuris muris; Trichuris trichiura; active ingredients; adults; animal models; drugs; hookworms; humans; in vivo studies; larvae; nematode infections; screening; toxic substances; trichlorfon
- ... BACKGROUND: Treatment options for infections with soil-transmitted helminths (STH) - Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura and the two hookworm species, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus - are limited despite their considerable global health burden. The aim of the present study was to test the activity of an openly available FDA library against laboratory models of human intestinal ...
- PubMed Central: