Jump to Main Content
- MENG, Tian-yao; WEI, Huan-he; LI, Chao; DAI, Qi-gen; XU, Ke; HUO, Zhong-yang; WEI, Hai-yan; GUO, Bao-wei; ZHNAG, Hong-cheng
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2016 v.15 no.8 pp. 1751-1762
- spikelets, etc ; biomass production; breeding programs; carbohydrates; culms; filling period; heading; leaf area; leaves; panicles; photosynthesis; rice; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Understanding the morphological and physiological traits associated with improved filling efficiency in large-panicle rice varieties is critical to devise strategies for breeding programs and cultivation management practices. Information on such traits, however, remains limited. Two large-panicle varieties with high filled-grain percentage (HF) and two check large-panicle varieties with low filled ...
- Ibrahim, Hemmat A.; Abdellatif, Yasmin M.R.
- Annals of agricultural science 2016 v.61 no.2 pp. 267-274
- spikelets, etc ; Triticum aestivum; agricultural sciences; ascorbate peroxidase; catalase; chemical analysis; drought; enzyme activity; flavonoids; foliar spraying; greenhouse experimentation; harvest date; irrigation; leaf area; leaves; maltose; peroxidase; phenolic compounds; plant height; planting; polysorbates; proline; reducing sugars; sowing; stress tolerance; trehalose; water stress; wheat; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... In the greenhouse experiment, wheat plants (Triticum aestivum L. cv. Giza 168) were treated with 10mM of maltose and trehalose as foliar spray using Tween 20 as wetting agent at 15, 30 and 45 days post sowing with two times of irrigation at 10 and 20 days intervals. Two samples were taken after 45 and 120 days from planting. At the first sample date, plant height, shoot fresh and dry weights and l ...