Jump to Main Content
- Priego-Capote, Feliciano, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Analytica chimica acta 2016 v.943 pp. 82-88
- analytical chemistry; anti-inflammatory activity; blood serum; body mass index; fatty acid esters; humans; hydroxy fatty acids; liquid chromatography; liquid-liquid extraction; methanol; models; obesity; quantitative analysis; solid phase extraction; statistical analysis; tandem mass spectrometry; tissues
- ... A novel class of endogenous mammalian lipids endowed with antidiabetic and anti-inflammatory properties has been recently discovered. These are fatty acid esters of hydroxy fatty acids (FAHFAs) formed by condensation between a hydroxy fatty acid and a fatty acid. FAHFAs are present in human serum and tissues at low nanomolar concentrations. Therefore, high sensitivity and selectivity profiling ana ...
- Priego-Capote, Feliciano, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.24 pp. 403-419
- Agaricus bisporus; acids; active ingredients; amino acids; antiviral properties; disaccharides; fractionation; liquid chromatography; liquid-liquid extraction; metabolites; mushrooms; phospholipids; purines; solvents; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Aqueous enzymatic extracts of edible mushroom Agaricus bisporus (AbAEE) have been studied as a key source of biological active compounds, among which those with antiviral activity against HCV are of special interest. Searching for a better knowledge of AbAEE, a new approach based on sequential fractionation with solvents of different polarity is here proposed to improve the tentative identificatio ...