Jump to Main Content
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2016 v.129 no.1 pp. 31-43
- Brachypodium; Fusarium head blight; Oryza sativa; Triticum turgidum subsp. dicoccoides; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; breeding; chromosome mapping; disease resistance; durum wheat; genetic markers; homozygosity; loci; microsatellite repeats; quantitative trait loci; rice
- ... KEY MESSAGE : New molecular markers were developed and mapped to the FHB resistance QTL region in high resolution. Micro-collinearity of the QTL region with rice and Brachypodium was revealed for a better understanding of the genomic region. The wild emmer wheat (Triticum dicoccoides)-derived Fusarium head blight (FHB) resistance quantitative trait locus (QTL) Qfhs.ndsu-3AS previously mapped to th ...
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2016 v.36 no.8 pp. 112
- alleles; breeding; breeding lines; cadmium; chromosome mapping; cultivars; durum wheat; heavy metals; loci; phenotype; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; seeds; single nucleotide polymorphism; North Dakota
- ... Durum wheat has the tendency of accumulating more cadmium (Cd), a biotoxic heavy metal, in seeds than other commonly grown cereals, thus posing a serious food safety/public health concern. This could have serious negative impact on the national pasta industry and the international export market of durum wheat. The phenotyping for selecting low Cd lines is expensive and time consuming. The use of m ...