Jump to Main Content
- Alhmoud, Hashim, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.70 pp. 65976-65987
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; bacterial adhesion; bacterial infections; biocompatible materials; byproducts; dendrites; mammals; nanosilver; nanowires; silicon; silver; toxicity
- ... In this work, we report on the antibacterial properties of silicon nanowires (SiNWs) generated by via metal-assisted chemical etching (MACE) against Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) bacteria strains. The results demonstrate that the antibacterial action can be attributed to the layer of silver (Ag) dendrites found on the surface of the SiNWs as a natural by-product ...
- Hashim, Uda, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2016 v.100 no.16 pp. 6955-6969
- antibodies; biomarkers; drugs; mammals; nucleic acids; oligonucleotides; pathogens; peptides; receptors; surface antigens; systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment
- ... Aptamers are single-stranded nucleic acids or peptides identified from a randomized combinatorial library through specific interaction with the target of interest. Targets can be of any size, from small molecules to whole cells, attesting to the versatility of aptamers for binding a wide range of targets. Aptamers show drug properties that are analogous to antibodies, with high specificity and aff ...