Jump to Main Content
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytica chimica acta 2016
- Capsicum; Filipendula ulmaria; analytical chemistry; carotenoids; ionization; mass spectrometry; meadows; metabolome; metabolomics; paprika; phytosterols; polyphenols; secondary metabolites
- ... It is vital to pay much attention to the design of extraction methods developed for plant metabolomics, as any non-extracted or converted metabolites will greatly affect the overall quality of the metabolomics study. Method validation is however often omitted in plant metabolome studies, as the well-established methodologies for classical targeted analyses such as recovery optimization cannot be s ...
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Algal research 2016 v.18 pp. 281-287
- alcohols; biodiesel; biomass; fatty acid esters; free fatty acids; fuel production; lipids; lipolysis; mass spectrometry; microalgae; nutritive value; off flavors; storage time; temperature
- ... Previously, it has been observed that lipolysis occurring during (even short term) wet storage of microalgal biomass causes high free fatty acid (FFA) concentrations in the biomass. These FFA have a negative impact for different applications of microalgal lipids, e.g. downstream processing problems in biodiesel production, off-flavors and loss of nutritional value for food applications. However, i ...