Jump to Main Content
- Djati, Muhammad Sasmito; Dwijayanti, Dinia Rizqi; Rifa’i, Muhaimin
- Open life sciences 2016 v.11 no.1 pp. 211-219
- typhoid fever, etc ; B-lymphocytes; CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Elephantopus scaber; Salmonella Typhi; Sauropus; bacteria; herbal medicines; interferon-gamma; interleukin-2; interleukin-4; mice; potassium; pregnant women; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Production of IL-2 by CD4⁺ T cells is shown to be suppressed in pregnant women infected by bacteria such as Salmonella typhi. Elephantopus scaber and Sauropus androgynus may be used as herbal supplement to ameliorate this condition. This study aimed to investigate the efficacy of E. scaber and S. androgynus formulation to promote lymphoid proliferation and CD4 cytokine productions. The pregnant mi ...
- Kalia, Preeti; Kumar, Neelima R.; Harjai, Kusum
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 485
- typhoid fever, etc ; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Salmonella Typhimurium; World Health Organization; alternative medicine; animal models; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; blood; body weight; cefixime; drugs; enzymes; histopathology; human health; kidneys; liver; mice; propolis; public health; renal function; spleen; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Antibiotic resistance is an emerging public health problem. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has described antibiotic resistance as one of the world’s most pressing health problems in 21ˢᵗ century. WHO rated antibiotic resistance as “one of the three greatest threats to human health”. One important strategy employed to overcome this resistance is the use of combination ...
- PubMed Central: