Jump to Main Content
- Vasconcelos, Francisco Rivera; Diehl, Sebastian; Rodríguez, Patricia; Hedström, Per; Karlsson, Jan; Byström, Pär
- Ecology 2016 v.97 no.10 pp. 2580-2592
- algae, etc ; biomass; climate change; color; ecosystems; fish communities; growing season; habitats; lakes; macrophytes; models; nutrient content; nutrients; organic matter; phosphorus; primary productivity; sediments; shade; trophic relationships; water temperature; watersheds; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In shallow lakes, pelagic and benthic producers engage in spatially asymmetrical resource competition. Pelagic producers intercept the flux of light to the benthic habitat and benthic producers intercept the flux of sediment‐derived nutrients to the pelagic habitat. In boreal and subarctic regions, climate change is affecting this interaction both directly through warming and indirectly through in ...
- Zhang, Hongyan; Boegman, Leon; Scavia, Donald; Culver, David A.
- Journal of Great Lakes research 2016 v.42 no.6 pp. 1212-1227
- algae, etc ; Crustacea; Microcystis; anaerobic conditions; basins; biomass; excretion; growing season; hydrodynamics; models; organic matter; phosphorus; phytoplankton; sediments; water quality; water temperature; zooplankton; Lake Erie; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Re-eutrophication in Lake Erie has led to new programs to reduce external phosphorus loads, and it is important to understand the interrelated dynamics of external and internal phosphorus loads. In addition to developing phosphorus load response curves for algal biomass in the western basin and hypoxia in the central basin, we used a two-dimensional (vertical-longitudinal) hydrodynamic and ecologi ...