Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Shaochang; Huang, Wenjing; Pan, Chunliu; Zhan, Jie; He, Long-Fei
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2016 v.127 no.3 pp. 691-703
- programmed cell death, etc ; DNA fragmentation; aluminum; aluminum chloride; caspase-3; enzyme activity; genotype; mammals; models; peanuts; proteinase inhibitors; root growth; root tips; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Recent evidence has proved that caspase protease activities are detected in both mammals and plants during programmed cell death (PCD). The characteristics and functions of caspase-like proteases play important roles in understanding the mechanisms of PCD in plants. In this work, we report firstly the involvement of caspase-like protease activities and effects in aluminum (Al) stress in two contra ...
- Ceci, Claudia; Tentori, Lucio; Atzori, Maria Grazia; Lacal, Pedro M.; Bonanno, Elena; Scimeca, Manuel; Cicconi, Rosella; Mattei, Maurizio; de Martino, Maria Gabriella; Vespasiani, Giuseppe; Miano, Roberto; Graziani, Grazia
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.11
- programmed cell death, etc ; angiogenesis; antineoplastic activity; chemotaxis; disease progression; ellagic acid; extracellular matrix; grapes; green tea; human cell lines; humans; hydrolysis; in vivo studies; ligands; mice; mitomycin; models; neoplasm cells; nuts; pomegranates; small fruits; therapeutics; urinary bladder neoplasms; vascular endothelial growth factor A; vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Ellagic acid (EA) is a polyphenolic compound that can be found as a naturally occurring hydrolysis product of ellagitannins in pomegranates, berries, grapes, green tea and nuts. Previous studies have reported the antitumor properties of EA mainly using in vitro models. No data are available about EA influence on bladder cancer cell invasion of the extracellular matrix triggered by vascular endothe ...