Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yahong, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environment international 2016 v.94 pp. 76-82
- acute exposure; air pollutants; air pollution; biomarkers; cities; cough; hydrogen sulfide; inflammation; models; nitric oxide; odds ratio; particulates; patients; pharyngitis; public health; risk; sulfur dioxide; temperature; China
- ... Few studies have investigated the short-term respiratory effects of ambient air pollution in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients in the context of high pollution levels in Asian cities.A panel of 23 stable COPD patients was repeatedly measured for biomarkers of airway inflammation including exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) and exhaled hydrogen sulfide (FeH2S) (215 measurements) and re ...
- Chen, Yahong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.542 pp. 264-270
- acute exposure; air; air pollution; confidence interval; dose response; lung function; particulates; patients; pollutants; respiratory tract diseases; time-weighted average
- ... The use of ambient air pollution data obtained from central air-monitoring stations as surrogates for participants' exposures to outdoor air pollutants in previous studies may have introduced bias in the estimation of exposure–response associations.We investigated and compared the effects of short-term exposure to outdoor particulate matter (PMout) and outdoor-originated equivalent personal PM (PM ...