Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.153 pp. 494-499
- aquatic environment; dissolved organic matter; environmental fate; freshwater; humans; metabolites; photolysis; pollutants; risk; seawater; sunscreens; surface water
- ... The occurrence of sunscreen agents and their metabolites in surface waters gives rise to public concerns. However, little is known about the environmental fate of these pollutants at present, especially for their metabolites. In this study, we investigated the photochemical of sunscreen agents and their metabolites in natural waters, adopting benzophenone-3 (BP-3) and its human metabolite 4-hydrox ...
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science 2016 v.18 no.9 pp. 1177-1184
- aquatic environment; brackish water; chlorides; dioxins; dissolved organic matter; free radicals; hydroxylation; photolysis; pollutants; rivers; screening; toxicity; triclosan
- ... Photochemical transformation of hydroxylated polyhalodiphenyl ethers (HO-PXDEs) has attracted much attention for their ubiquitous presence and the photochemical formation of highly toxic dioxins. Dissolved organic matter (DOM) plays an important role in the environmental photochemical transformation of organic pollutants. However, the effects of DOM on the photolysis kinetics and dioxin formation ...