Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2016
- antibiotics; brackish water; chlorides; environmental assessment; environmental fate; estuaries; free radicals; ionic strength; ions; marine environment; oxidation; photolysis; pollutants; risk; risk assessment; seawater; sulfamethoxazole; sulfapyridine
- ... The occurrence of sulfonamide antibiotics (SAs) in estuarine waters urges insights into their environmental fate for ecological risk assessment. Although many studies focused on the photochemical behavior of SAs, yet the effects of halide ions relevant to estuarine and marine environments on their photodegradation have been poorly understood. Here, we investigated the effects of halide ions on the ...
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science 2016 v.18 no.9 pp. 1177-1184
- aquatic environment; brackish water; chlorides; dioxins; dissolved organic matter; free radicals; hydroxylation; photolysis; pollutants; rivers; screening; toxicity; triclosan
- ... Photochemical transformation of hydroxylated polyhalodiphenyl ethers (HO-PXDEs) has attracted much attention for their ubiquitous presence and the photochemical formation of highly toxic dioxins. Dissolved organic matter (DOM) plays an important role in the environmental photochemical transformation of organic pollutants. However, the effects of DOM on the photolysis kinetics and dioxin formation ...