Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Jiayin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.62 pp. 57117-57121
- acetone; ionic strength; phase transition; polymerization; polymers; temperature
- ... We report on an unexpected lower critical solution temperature (LCST)-type phase transition of a poly(vinyl thiazolium) polymer in acetone solution, which was synthesized via radical polymerization of its corresponding ionic monomer bearing no thermoresponsiveness in acetone. The phase transition temperature can be conveniently varied by polymer concentration, ionic strength and addition of a coso ...
- Yuan, Jiayin, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- ACS applied materials 2016 v.8 no.43 pp. 29628-29636
- carbon; coatings; dopamine; electrodes; gibbsite; nanoparticles; polymerization; porous media; pyrolysis; silica gel; surface area; thermoplastics
- ... In this study, dispersible mesoporous nitrogen-doped hollow carbon nanoplates have been synthesized as a new anisotropic carbon nanostructure using gibbsite nanoplates as templates. The gibbsite-silica core–shell nanoplates were first prepared before the gibbsite core was etched away. Dopamine as carbon precursor was self-polymerized on the hollow silica nanoplates surface assisted by sonification ...