Jump to Main Content
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2016 v.470 pp. 690-696
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; Human immunodeficiency virus 2; chickens; humans; proteins; ubiquitin-protein ligase; viruses
- ... Primate SAMHD1 proteins are potent inhibitors of viruses, including retroviruses such as HIV-1, HIV-2, and SIV. Vpx, a distinctive viral protein expressed by HIV-2 and some SIVs, induces SAMHD1 degradation by forming a Vpx-DCAF1-based ubiquitin ligase complex. Either the N- or the C-terminus of SAMHD1 is critical for Vpx-induced degradation, depending on the types of SAMHD1 and Vpx proteins. Howev ...
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- The new phytologist 2016 v.212 no.4 pp. 888-895
- Phytophthora; Pythium; Solanum microdontum; cell death; culture filtrates; disease resistance; pathogens; plant response; potatoes; proteins; tobacco
- ... 888 I. 888 II. 889 III. 889 IV. 889 V. 891 VI. 891 VII. 891 VIII. 892 IX. 892 X. 893 XI. 893 893 References 893 SUMMARY: Elicitins are structurally conserved extracellular proteins in Phytophthora and Pythium oomycete pathogen species. They were first described in the late 1980s as abundant proteins in Phytophthora culture filtrates that have the capacity to elicit hypersensitive (HR) cell death a ...