Jump to Main Content
- Hinge, Vidya; Patil, Hemant; Nadaf, Altafhusain
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2016 v.178 no.4 pp. 619-639
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; Oryza sativa; aromatic compounds; correlation; cultivars; detection limit; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression; genes; headspace analysis; leaves; monitoring; odor compounds; odors; quantitative analysis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; solid phase microextraction; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Aroma volatiles in Basmati-370, Ambemohar-157 (non-basmati scented), and IR-64 (non-scented) rice cultivars were qualitatively and quantitatively analyzed at vegetative and maturity stages to study their differential accumulation using headspace solid-phase microextraction, followed by gas chromatography mass spectrometry (HS-SPME-GCMS) with selected ion monitoring (SIM) approach. In addition, exp ...
- Wongpia, Aphinya; Roytrakul, Sittiruk; Nomura, Mika; Tajima, Shigeyuki; Lomthaisong, Khemika; Mahatheeranont, Sugunya; Niamsup, Hataichanoke
- Molecular biotechnology 2016 v.58 no.2 pp. 117-129
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; Oryza sativa; ammonia; aspartate transaminase; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; filling period; flavor; genes; glutamate-ammonia ligase; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; hydrogen peroxide; isogenic lines; odor compounds; odors; peroxiredoxin; photosynthesis; proteins; proteomics; rice; seedlings; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Fragrant rice has a potent flavor compound, 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline (2AP). A better understanding of the 2AP biosynthetic pathway is gained by proteomic analysis of two isogenic lines of Thai jasmine rice, Oryza sativa L. cv. Khao Dawk Mali 105, which differ only in the aromatic gene Os2AP. The protein profiles of two lines, from six growth stages, seedling to grain filling, had 41 identifiable prote ...
- Hinge, Vidya R.; Patil, Hemant B.; Nadaf, Altafhusain B.
- Rice 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 38
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; Oryza sativa; active ingredients; biosynthesis; cultivars; filling period; flavor; flowering; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression; genes; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; headspace analysis; leaves; odors; plant growth; rice; secondary metabolites; seedlings; sexual maturity; solid phase microextraction; triose-phosphate isomerase; volatile organic compounds; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Rice plant growth is comprised of distinct phases, such as vegetative, reproductive, grain filling and maturity phases. In these phases synthesis and availability of primary and secondary metabolites including volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) is highly variable. In scented rice, aroma volatiles are synthesized in aerial plant parts and deposited in mature grains. There are more than ...
- PubMed Central: