Jump to Main Content
- MENG, Tian-yao; WEI, Huan-he; LI, Chao; DAI, Qi-gen; XU, Ke; HUO, Zhong-yang; WEI, Hai-yan; GUO, Bao-wei; ZHNAG, Hong-cheng
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2016 v.15 no.8 pp. 1751-1762
- spikelets, etc ; biomass production; breeding programs; carbohydrates; culms; filling period; heading; leaf area; leaves; panicles; photosynthesis; rice; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Understanding the morphological and physiological traits associated with improved filling efficiency in large-panicle rice varieties is critical to devise strategies for breeding programs and cultivation management practices. Information on such traits, however, remains limited. Two large-panicle varieties with high filled-grain percentage (HF) and two check large-panicle varieties with low filled ...
- Chu, Chengyan; Lu, Zhanhua; Wang, Xin; Yang, Wenjie; Liu, Yifei; Jiao, Jian; Ouyang, Yidan; Yao, Jialing
- Agri Gene 2016 v.1 pp. 135-142
- spikelets, etc ; Arabidopsis; cell division; cell proliferation; epigenetics; fluorescence; gene expression regulation; genes; mutants; panicles; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; rice; tissues; transferases; two hybrid system techniques; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Grain shape is a determinate trait of rice quality and largely controlled by spikelet hull size. Although a series of genes controlling grain size have been cloned, the mechanism in epigenetic regulation remained largely unknown. Here, we report that knockdown of OsSET7, which encodes a putative H3K27 monomethyltransferase belonging to the SET-domain family in rice, results in enhanced cell prolif ...