Jump to Main Content
- Craddock, Elysse M.; Gall, Joseph G.; Jonas, Mark
- Genetica 2016 v.144 no.1 pp. 107-124
- satellite DNA, etc ; DNA; Drosophila; Scaptomyza; acrocentric chromosomes; founder effect; genome; haploidy; heterochromatin; karyotyping; satellites; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... This paper reports genome sizes of one Hawaiian Scaptomyza and 16 endemic Hawaiian Drosophila species that include five members of the antopocerus species group, one member of the modified mouthpart group, and ten members of the picture wing clade. Genome size expansions have occurred independently multiple times among Hawaiian Drosophila lineages, and have resulted in an over 2.3-fold range of ge ...
- Kuznetsova, Inna S.; Ostromyshenskii, Dmitrii I.; Komissarov, Alexei S.; Prusov, Andrei N.; Waisertreiger, Irina S.; Gorbunova, Anna V.; Trifonov, Vladimir A.; Ferguson-Smith, Malcolm A.; Podgornaya, Olga I.
- Chromosome research 2016 v.24 no.3 pp. 309-323
- satellite DNA, etc ; DNA; chromocenters; clones; databases; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genome; heterochromatin; humans; interphase; metaphase; mice; molecular cloning; open reading frames; protein content; satellites; sequence analysis; sex chromosomes; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Chromocenters are interphase nuclear landmark structures of constitutive heterochromatin. The tandem repeat (TR)-enriched parts of different chromosomes cluster together in chromocenters. There has been progress in recent years in determining the protein content of chromocenters, although it is not clear which DNA sequences underly constitutive heterochromatin apart from the TRs. The aim of the cu ...