Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Xue; Yang, Jingwen; Shen, Zhangfei; Chen, Yajie; Shi, Liangen; Zhou, Naiming
- Insect biochemistry and molecular biology 2016 v.75 pp. 78-88
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; Bombyx mori; calcium; chelating agents; cyclic AMP; diapause; diapause hormone; eggs; ethylene glycol tetraacetic acid; hormone receptors; luciferase; mitogen-activated protein kinase; moths; neuropeptides; phosphorylation; protein kinase C; pupae; signal transduction; silkworms; temperature; winter; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Diapause is a developmental strategy adopted by insects to survive in challenging environments such as the low temperatures of a winter. This unique process is regulated by diapause hormone (DH), which is a neuropeptide hormone that induces egg diapause in Bombyx mori and is involved in terminating pupal diapause in heliothis moths. An G protein-coupled receptor from the silkworm, B. mori, has bee ...
- Suganami, Akiko; Fujino, Hiromichi; Okura, Iori; Yanagisawa, Naoki; Sugiyama, Hajime; Regan, John W.; Tamura, Yutaka; Murayama, Toshihiko
- The FEBS journal 2016 v.283 no.21 pp. 3931-3940
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; cyclic AMP; genes; humans; ligands; prostaglandins; signal transduction; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Human D‐type prostanoid (DP) and E‐type prostanoid 2 (EP2) receptors are G protein‐coupled receptors and are regarded as the most closely related receptors among prostanoid receptors because they are generated by tandem duplication. The DP receptor‐cognate ligand, prostaglandin D₂ (PGD₂) has the ability to activate not only DP receptors but also EP2 receptors. Likewise, the EP2 receptor‐cognate li ...