Jump to Main Content
- Park, Ji Young; Lee, Su Youn; Kim, Hee Ryung; Seo, Min-Duk; Chung, Ka Young
- Archives of pharmacal research 2016 v.39 no.3 pp. 293-301
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; arrestins; drugs; phosphorylation; phosphotransferases (kinases); signal transduction; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) are a major membrane receptor family with important physiological and pathological functions. In the classical signaling pathway, ligand-activated GPCRs couple to G proteins, thereby inducing G protein-dependent signaling pathways and phosphorylation by G protein-coupled receptor kinases (GRKs). This leads to an interaction with arrestins, which results in GPCR ...
- Senarath, Kanishka; Ratnayake, Kasun; Siripurapu, Praneeth; Payton, John L.; Karunarathne, Ajith
- Analytical chemistry 2016 v.88 no.23 pp. 11450-11459
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; dissociation; drugs; image analysis; ligands; models; optogenetics; plasma membrane; screening; signal transduction; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Current assays to measure the activation of G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and G proteins are time-consuming, indirect, and expensive. Therefore, an efficient method which directly measures the ability of a ligand to govern GPCR-G protein interactions can help to understand the molecular underpinnings of the associated signaling. A live cell imaging-based approach is presented here to directl ...