Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Yuqing; Zhen, Chen; Nonnemaker, James; Dench, Daniel
- American journal of agricultural economics 2016 v.98 no.4 pp. 1038-1054
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; advertising; agricultural economics; cigarettes; complement; electronic equipment; flavor; markets; nicotine; sales; scanners; smoking (habit); United States; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The U.S. tobacco market has experienced a shift toward noncigarette tobacco products. We examined the degree of habit formation and the role of advertising for cigarettes, little cigars/cigarillos, large cigars, e‐cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco using market‐level scanner data for convenience stores from 2009 to 2013. Results based on a dynamic demand system show that while all tobacco products ...
- Nirwane, Abhijit; Majumdar, Anuradha
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.23 pp. 261-277
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; alanine transaminase; aspartate transaminase; blood glucose; blood serum; body weight; cotinine; fasting; females; genes; glucose tolerance; high performance liquid chromatography; insulin; insulin resistance; metabolic syndrome; mitochondrial DNA; muscles; nicotine; oral administration; pterostilbene; rats; resveratrol; skeletal muscle; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The impact of oral administration of resveratrol and pterostilbene daily for 60 days in estrogen deficient female rats that were simultaneously exposed to oral aqueous extract of smokeless tobacco (AEST) (100 mg/kg/day) was investigated. Estrogen deficiency was induced in rats by 30 days daily exposure to 4-vinylcyclohexene diepoxide (80 mg/kg, i.p.). The plasma nicotine and cotinine levels were q ...