Jump to Main Content
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Oecologia 2016 v.182 no.1 pp. 277-286
- aboveground biomass; biogeochemical cycles; biomass production; calcium; ecosystems; functional diversity; grasses; grasslands; herbs; legumes; nitrogen; phosphorus; phytomass; plant growth; plant litter; silicon; species diversity
- ... Plant diversity is an important driver of nitrogen and phosphorus stocks in aboveground plant biomass of grassland ecosystems, but plant diversity effects on other elements also important for plant growth are less understood. We tested whether plant species richness, functional group richness or the presence/absence of particular plant functional groups influences the Si and Ca concentrations (mmo ...
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Oikos 2016 v.125 no.5 pp. 613-621
- C4 plants; biogeochemical cycles; carbon nitrogen ratio; ecosystems; elemental composition; forbs; functional diversity; grasses; grasslands; herbivores; legumes; long term effects; pathogens; plant communities; soil; soil fertility; species diversity; stoichiometry; streams; temporal variation
- ... Plant elemental composition can indicate resource limitation, and changes in key elemental ratios (e.g. plant C:N ratios) can influence rates including herbivory, nutrient recycling, and pathogen infection. Although plant stoichiometry can influence ecosystem‐level processes, very few studies have addressed whether and how plant C:N stoichiometry changes with plant diversity and composition. Here, ...