Jump to Main Content
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The journal of ecology 2016 v.104 no.1 pp. 125-137
- Dactylis glomerata; amines; biomass; ecosystems; genotype; global change; grasses; growth regulators; metabolomics; phenotype; phylogeny; plant communities; species diversity
- ... Global change triggers rapid alterations in the composition and diversity of plant communities which may change ecosystem functioning. Do changes in community diversity also change traits persistently, that is does coexistence with numerous or functionally or phylogenetically distinct species trigger, in a given focal species, trait shifts that persist? We studied the grass Dactylis glomerata. Dac ...
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society B 2016 v.371 no.1694 pp. 20150277
- drought; ecosystems; global change; grassland soils; grasslands; nutrients; plant available water; plant-water relations; soil nutrients; soil-plant interactions; soil-plant-atmosphere interactions; species diversity; Europe; North America
- ... Global change drivers are rapidly altering resource availability and reducing biodiversity. Here, we evaluate the extent to which biodiversity influences the response of ecosystem productivity to increases or decreases in resource availability across grassland experiments. This was done using data from 16 grassland experiments across North America and Europe that manipulated both plant species ric ...
- PubMed Central: