Jump to Main Content
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biogeochemistry 2016 v.131 no.3 pp. 339-353
- ammonium; arable soils; dissolved organic nitrogen; grasses; grasslands; herbs; leaching; legumes; mineralization; nitrates; nitrogen; soil microorganisms; soil solution; species diversity; Germany
- ... Higher plant diversity reduces nitrate leaching by complementary resource use, while its relation to leaching of other N species is unclear. We determined the effects of plant species richness, functional group richness, and the presence of specific functional groups on ammonium, dissolved organic N (DON), and total dissolved N (TDN) leaching from grassland in the first 4 years after conversion fr ...
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Oecologia 2016 v.182 no.1 pp. 277-286
- aboveground biomass; biogeochemical cycles; biomass production; calcium; ecosystems; functional diversity; grasses; grasslands; herbs; legumes; nitrogen; phosphorus; phytomass; plant growth; plant litter; silicon; species diversity
- ... Plant diversity is an important driver of nitrogen and phosphorus stocks in aboveground plant biomass of grassland ecosystems, but plant diversity effects on other elements also important for plant growth are less understood. We tested whether plant species richness, functional group richness or the presence/absence of particular plant functional groups influences the Si and Ca concentrations (mmo ...