Jump to Main Content
- Zou, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2016 v.93 no.6 pp. 781-792
- arachidonic acid; crystallization; deacidification; docosahexaenoic acid; enzymatic interesterification; fat substitutes; fatty acid composition; human milk fat; industrialization; lard; mathematical models; melting; mixing; oxidative stability; palmitic acid; seeds; temperature; tocopherols; triacylglycerols
- ... Human milk fat substitutes (HMFS) having similarity in (TAG) composition to human milk fat (HMF) were prepared by Lipozyme RM IM-catalyzed interesterification of lard blending with selected oils in a packed bed reactor. Four oil blends with high similarity in fatty acid profiles to HMF were first obtained based on the blending model and then the blending ratios were screened based on TAG compositi ...
- Zou, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2016 v.93 no.8 pp. 1157-1167
- crystallization; docosahexaenoic acid; docosapentaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fractionation; gel chromatography; isomers; silica gel; solvents; temperature; tuna oil; urea
- ... Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA, 20:5n-3), docosapentaenoic acid (DPA) isomers (22:5n-6 and 22:5n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, 22:6n-3) derived from tuna oil were concentrated by three stages of urea fractionation at various crystallization temperatures and different fatty acid/urea ratios. Thereafter, polyunsaturated fatty acids concentrate containing comparatively enriched DPA levels was purifie ...