Jump to Main Content
- Zou, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2016 v.93 no.8 pp. 1157-1167
- crystallization; docosahexaenoic acid; docosapentaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fractionation; gel chromatography; isomers; silica gel; solvents; temperature; tuna oil; urea
- ... Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA, 20:5n-3), docosapentaenoic acid (DPA) isomers (22:5n-6 and 22:5n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, 22:6n-3) derived from tuna oil were concentrated by three stages of urea fractionation at various crystallization temperatures and different fatty acid/urea ratios. Thereafter, polyunsaturated fatty acids concentrate containing comparatively enriched DPA levels was purifie ...
- Zou, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2016 v.118 no.5 pp. 708-715
- acidolysis; catfish; fat substitutes; fatty acid composition; fractionation; free fatty acids; human milk fat; industry; infant formulas; methodology; oleic acid; palmitic acid; structured lipids; sunflower oil; temperature; transesterification; triacylglycerols
- ... 1,3‐dioleoyl‐2‐palmitoylglycerol (OPO)‐rich structured lipids were successfully prepared from basa catfish oil by a two‐step process, namely, fractionation to enrich triacylglycerol (TAG) fractions with high content of sn‐2 palmitic acid and Lipozyme RM IM‐catalyzed acidolysis of the fractionated products with free fatty acids from high oleic acid sunflower oil to increase the content of OPO. In t ...