Jump to Main Content
- Jia, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Waste management 2016 v.52 pp. 77-85
- Cellvibrio; Pseudomonas; activated sludge; bacteria; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; domestication; pH; polyhydroxyalkanoates; staining; temperature; waste management; xylose
- ... This work aimed at using xylose as sole substrate, and combining feast-famine process with Nile blue staining as well as denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) analysis to screen polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)-producing bacteria from waste activated sludge (WAS). Composition changes of the microbial consortium during domestication were analyzed by DGGE, and the results indicated that there wer ...
- Ma, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2016 v.219 pp. 142-148
- Alcaligenes faecalis; ampicillin; hydrolysis; mutants; pH; phenylalanine; temperature
- ... To avoid isolation and purification of the intermediate 6-aminopenicillanic acid (6-APA), a two-enzyme two-step cascade synthesis of ampicillin from penicillin G was established. In purely aqueous medium, penicillin G hydrolysis and ampicillin synthesis were catalyzed by immobilized wild-type and mutagenized penicillin G acylases from Alcaligenes faecalis (Af PGA), respectively (Fig. 1). The βF24 ...