Jump to Main Content
- Min, Ui-Gi; Kim, So-Jeong; Hong, Heeji; Kim, Song-Gun; Gwak, Joo-Han; Jung, Man-Young; Kim, Jong-Geol; Na, Jeong-Geol; Rhee, Sung-Keun
- The journal of microbiology 2016 v.54 no.6 pp. 413-419
- thiosulfates, etc ; DNA; Gram-positive bacteria; anaerobes; carbohydrates; chemotaxonomy; coal; fermentation; iron; mine tailings; new genus; new species; nitrates; nitrites; nucleotide sequences; organic acids and salts; pH; phenotype; phosphatidylethanolamines; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sediments; sodium chloride; sulfur; temperature; South Korea; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... A strictly anaerobic bacterium, strain B5ᵀ, was isolated from sediment of an abandoned coal mine in Taebaek, Republic of Korea. Cells of strain B5ᵀ were non-spore-forming, straight, Gram-positive rods. The optimum pH and temperature for growth were pH 7.0 and 30°C, respectively, while the strain was able to grow within pH and temperature ranges of 5.5–7.5 and 25–45°C, respectively. Growth of strai ...
- Stewart, Lucy C.; Llewellyn, James G.; Butterfield, David A.; Lilley, Marvin D.; Holden, James F.
- Environmental microbiology reports 2016 v.8 no.2 pp. 196-200
- thiosulfates, etc ; hydrogen; hydrogen sulfide; microbial growth; models; nitrates; oxidation; oxygen; pH; pyrite; seawater; sodium chloride; sulfur; temperature; tube worms; Pacific Ocean; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Hydrothermal fluids (341°C and 19°C) were collected < 1 m apart from a black smoker chimney and a tubeworm mound on the Boardwalk edifice at the Endeavour Segment in the northeastern Pacific Ocean to study anaerobic microbial growth in hydrothermal mineral deposits. Geochemical modelling of mixed vent fluid and seawater suggests the mixture was anoxic above 55°C and that low H₂ concentrations (79 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Di Capua, Francesco; Ahoranta, Sarita H.; Papirio, Stefano; Lens, Piet N.L.; Esposito, Giovanni
- Process biochemistry 2016 v.51 no.10 pp. 1576-1584
- thiosulfates, etc ; Thiobacillus denitrificans; Thiobacillus thioparus; activation energy; bioassays; denitrification; equations; mixed culture; nitrates; solubility; sulfur; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the impacts of thiosulfate (S2O3²⁻) as well as chemically synthesized and biogenic elemental sulfur (S⁰) on the rates of sulfur-based denitrification in batch bioassays. The use of S2O3²⁻ resulted in the highest denitrification rate (52.5mg N-NO3⁻/L d), whereas up to 10 times slower nitrate (NO3⁻) removal was observed with S⁰. Biogenic S⁰ was tested for the first time as el ...