Jump to Main Content
- Panouillé, Maud; Saint-Eve, Anne; Souchon, Isabelle
- Current opinion in food science 2016 v.9 pp. 42-49
- sensation, etc ; breads; food science; gels; rheology; texture; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Food oral processing plays a key role in the sensory perception of food. The objective of this review is to give an overview of instrumental methods used to characterize food boli in connection with perceptions. Texture, structure, rheology, tribology and hydration, as well as the enzyme activities of the food bolus, can be investigated during oral processing and provide tools to help us understan ...
- Pradal, Clementine; Stokes, Jason R
- Current opinion in food science 2016 v.9 pp. 34-41
- sensation, etc ; food science; model food systems; physicochemical properties; saliva; texture; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Soft-tribology is emerging as an important field of research for quantifying the physics occurring during oral tribological processes. In a food oral processing context, recent research indicates that tribology measurements are providing insights into several texture-related sensory percepts, but obtaining quantitative empirical relationships between the two is challenging. Choosing a physiologica ...