Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Son H.; Hejazi, Mohamad; Liu, Lu; Calvin, Katherine; Clarke, Leon; Edmonds, Jae; Kyle, Page; Patel, Pralit; Wise, Marshall; Davies, Evan
- Climatic change 2016 v.136 no.2 pp. 217-231
- agricultural products, etc ; basins; bioenergy; climate change; cooling systems; economic development; energy; environmental models; food availability; freshwater; groundwater; human population; hydroelectric power; land use; radiative forcing; simulation models; society; trade; water resources; watersheds; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Water is essential for the world’s food supply, for energy production, including bioenergy and hydroelectric power, and for power system cooling. Water is already scarce in many regions of the world and could present a critical constraint as society attempts simultaneously to mitigate climate forcing and adapt to climate change, and to provide for a larger and more prosperous human population. Num ...
- Goh, Chun Sheng; Wicke, Birka; Faaij, André; Bird, David Neil; Schwaiger, Hannes; Junginger, Martin
- Journal of environmental management 2016 v.182 pp. 542-556
- agricultural products, etc ; accounting; agricultural land; biofuels; carbon sinks; climate change; issues and policy; land degradation; land use change; oil crops; trade; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Agricultural expansion driven by growing demand has been a key driver for carbon stock change as a consequence of land-use change (CSC-LUC). However, its relative role compared to non-agricultural and non-productive drivers, as well as propagating effects were not clearly addressed. This study contributed to this subject by providing alternative perspectives in addressing these missing links. A me ...