Jump to Main Content
- Yukawa, Junichi; Ichinose, Minami; Kim, Wanggyu; Uechi, Nami; Gyoutoku, Naohisa; Fujii, Tomohisa
- Applied entomology and zoology 2016 v.51 no.1 pp. 71-80
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Asphondylia; adults; autumn; diapause; galls; global warming; heat stress; heat sums; hosts; instars; larvae; larval development; midges; summer; survival rate; temperature; univoltine habit; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Lower development threshold temperatures (LDT) of gall midges (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) were directly determined by comparing developmental stages before and after incubation of galls for a definite period under a range of temperatures sufficient to cover the borders of the linear response. The LDT was determined to be 15 and 17 °C, respectively, for the soybean-pod gall midge, Asphondylia yushimai ...
- Ivković, Marija; Pont, Adrian C.
- Limnologica 2016 v.61 pp. 29-35
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Muscidae; Simuliidae; adults; aquatic insects; emergence traps; flight; karsts; lakes; larvae; microhabitats; mosses and liverworts; national parks; predator-prey relationships; predators; summer; univoltine habit; water temperature; Croatia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The hunter-fly genus Limnophora (Muscidae: Coenosiinae) is an important component of running water assemblages. Both adults and larvae are predators, the adults mostly feeding on blackflies (Simuliidae) and other small aquatic insects. This study was conducted at two tufa barriers in Plitvice Lakes National Park (NP) (tufa barrier Labudovac and tufa barrier Kozjak-Milanovac) and at two tufa barrie ...