Jump to Main Content
- Harhay, Dayna M.; Bono, James L.; Smith, Timothy P. L.; Fields, Patricia I.; Dinsmore, Blake A.; Santovenia, Monica; Kelley, Christy M.; Wang, Rong; Harhay, Gregory P.
- Genome announcements 2016 v.4 no.1 pp. e01683-15
- Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica, etc ; bacteria; beef; cattle; genome; humans; nucleotide sequences; serotypes; virulence; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Salmonella enterica are a versatile group of bacteria with a wide range in virulence potential. To facilitate genome comparisons across this virulence spectrum, we present eight complete closed genome sequences of four S. enterica serotypes (Anatum, Montevideo, Typhimurium, and Newport) isolated from various cattle samples or from humans. ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zhang, Justina Su; Guri, Anilda; Corredig, Milena; Morales-Rayas, Rocio; Hassan, Ashraf; Griffiths, Mansel; LaPointe, Gisèle
- Food research international 2016 v.90 pp. 147-153
- Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica, etc ; Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris; adhesion; cheeses; colorectal neoplasms; exopolysaccharides; fermented milk; gene expression; glucose; humans; intestines; neoplasm cells; sensory properties; virulence; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris JFR1 has been studied in reduced fat cheese due to its ability to produce exopolysaccharides (EPS) in situ, contributing to improved textural and organoleptic properties. In this study, the effect of strain JFR1 on virulence gene expression and attachment of Salmonella to HT-29 human colon carcinoma cells was investigated. Overnight cultures of L. lactis subsp. c ...
- Ben Salem, R.; Abbassi, M.S.; García, V.; García‐Fierro, R.; Njoud, C.; Messadi, L.; Rodicio, M. R.
- Zoonoses and public health 2016 v.63 no.4 pp. 320-327
- Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica, etc ; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; chickens; ciprofloxacin; farms; genes; gentamicin; human health; monitoring; multiple drug resistance; nalidixic acid; plasmids; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; serotypes; streptomycin; sulfonamides; trimethoprim; virulence; Tunisia; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Eppendorf, with antigenic formula 1,4,12,:d:1,5, is an infrequent serovar. However, 14% (20 of 142) of the isolates recovered during June–July 2012 in chicken farms in Tunisia belonged to S. Eppendorf. These isolates were analysed for resistance and virulence profiles. None of them were susceptible to all antimicrobials tested, while 70%, 60%, 50%, 5 ...