Jump to Main Content
- Marangoni, Franca; Cetin, Irene; Verduci, Elvira; Canzone, Giuseppe; Giovannini, Marcello; Scollo, Paolo; Corsello, Giovanni; Poli, Andrea
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.10
- adolescents; breast feeding; calcium; developed countries; diet; docosahexaenoic acid; eating habits; folic acid; iodine; iron; lactation; lifestyle; maternal nutrition; mothers; nutrient requirements; overweight; pregnancy outcome; progeny; underweight; vitamin D; women
- ... The importance of lifestyle and dietary habits during pregnancy and breastfeeding, for health of mothers and their offspring, is widely supported by the most recent scientific literature. The consumption of a varied and balanced diet from the preconceptional period is essential to ensure both maternal well-being and pregnancy outcomes. However, the risk of inadequate intakes of specific micronutri ...
- PubMed Central:
- Papazian, Tatiana; Hout, Hala; Sibai, Darine; Helou, Nour; Younes, Hassan; El Osta, Nada; Khabbaz, Lydia Rabbaa
- Clinical nutrition 2016 v.35 pp. 1550-1556
- calcium; correlation; diet recall; eating habits; energy intake; epidemiological studies; fetal development; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; iron; maternal nutrition; neonates; nutrient intake; nutrients; nutrition assessment; nutritional status; pregnancy; pregnant women; vitamin D; Lebanon
- ... Accurate dietary assessment tools are required to ensure that maternal diet supplies all the nutrients needed for fetal development. However, no dietary method could accurately estimate food intake during gestation. Food Frequency Questionnaires (FFQ), frequently used in epidemiological studies, estimate long term nutritional status of the target population. However, it is recommended to create an ...